Romeo & Juliette Laser Hair Removal uses the world’s most advanced lasers. Our lasers offer optimal wavelengths for hair removal.
Our Advanced Laser Hair Removal Devices
We perform hair removal treatment for the face and body using the most advanced lasers on the market. These include the following:
- SYNCHRO REPLAY EXCELLIUM 3.4
- SPLENDOR X
- ELITE IQ
- CLARITY II
Combining 3 different sources a 755 nm Alexandrite, a 1064 nm Nd:YAG and the FT intense pulsed light makes the Synchro REPLA:Y a complete and versatile platform designed to offer a broad range of treatments including Fast Hair Removal, Pseudofolliculitis Barbae (PFB), Photocoagulation of Dermatological Vascular Lesions, Benign Pigmented Lesions.
What are the benefits of the Synchro REPLA:Y Laser?
- It has multiple spot sizes with speeds in excess of 3 pulses per second. This makes the treatment very fast.
- Its unique pulse width configuration, together with its beam profile make the laser less painful than others and the treatment quite tolerable.
- The settings can be customized based on the individual’s needs. It has many variables, unlike any other laser on the market.
The First Laser in the World with a Square Spot, BLENDX Bilateral Emission of Nd:YAG and Alexandrite Wavelengths with a Large 27 X 27 Spot, rapid repetition rate and very little discomfort. It allows the ability to customize hair removal and skin treatments across a wide range of skin tones like never before.
Clarity II Laser
The Clarity laser is made by Lutronic to deliver dual-wavelength energy. This laser includes long-pulsed 755nm Alexandrite wavelengths as well as 1064nm Nd: YAG laser energy. This combination may be especially advantageous for people with darker skin. Each wavelength can be adjusted to varying skin types and hair colors to maximize effectiveness and minimize the risk of skin damage and discoloration.
GentleMax Pro Plus
As the world leader in light-based aesthetic technologies, Candela continues to set the standard for innovation and performance. So it’s no surprise that GentleMax Pro Plus, our integrated aesthetic platform, offers more power and versatility than any other multi-wavelength device. With GentleMax Pro Plus, you get a single consolidated system that delivers an incredibly diverse range of treatments.
What are the benefits of the GentleMax Pro Plus Laser?
- By combining two lasers into one, the GentleMax Pro Plus creates a large spot delivery system
- Provides the fastest dual wavelength laser hair removal treatment available with a 26mm spot size
- It removes hair on all skin types
“This place is great! I got facial laser hair removal done here and my results are amazing. They cater to African American skin and take great care in providing optimal results. I no longer have to wear makeup everyday to cover the hair/ dark marks because they are GONE. In the future I plan to do laser on other areas as well.”
“Romeo and Juliet laser’s exceptional staff consistently delivers successful and sensational results, in a lovely, clean and comfortable environment. As a longtime client, I have always been treated with superlative service and have had comfort in knowing they use the most up-to-date and sophisticated laser technology. My results have been fantastic and I highly recommend their services.”
“A hidden gem in New York! Not only does the staff treat you like family but the owner Christian is genuine, true New York Values. The office is conveniently located off of Fifth avenue by Central park in the heart of Manhattan, easy walking distance from Penn and Grand Central terminal. You’ll fall in love like Romeo and Juliette with the results!! <3”
How do I Prepare for Laser Hair Removal? ?
We want you to get the best results from your laser hair removal sessions at Romeo & Juliette Laser Hair Removal in New York City. To achieve them, we advise that you prepare for each session accordingly. Suggestions to follow throughout your treatment program include:
- Avoid sun exposure. This can help prevent unnecessary irritation. To prepare for laser treatment, get diligent about your use of broad-spectrum sunscreen. Apply sunscreen to the treatment area every day starting weeks before you begin your program.
- Do not apply self-tanning lotions, creams, or other products. We want as much contrast between your skin tone and hair color as we can get.
- Do not use any antibiotics or medicine that may cause sensitivity towards light or sun.
- Be mindful about the products you apply to the area of interest. If you want laser hair removal on your arms, for example, do not apply harsh skincare ingredients to that area. We can help you if you have questions about which products you should and shouldn’t use. The general rule is, if it has an acid or creates photosensitivity, don’t use it.
- Twenty-four hours before your sessions, shave the treatment area. Having shorter hair can minimize the thermal effect of laser light. Essentially, it will make you more comfortable during your treatment. Keep in mind, though, that you cannot wax or pluck hair in the treatment area!
- Dress comfortably for your appointment and come to the office with clean skin. Do not apply products to the skin on the treatment area.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Laser Hair Removal?
If you are looking for a low-maintenance way to remove hair on your body or your face, laser hair removal might be the right treatment for you! In the early days of its technology, laser hair removal was most beneficial for people with pale skin and dark hair as the laser targets darker pigments. However, with updated technology, laser hair removal can work on all hair types and skin tones.
If you experience razor burns, cuts, bleeding, or ingrown hair due to shaving or other hair removal procedures at home, laser hair removal may hugely benefit you. This treatment is recommended for patients in overall good health who do not have an underlying health condition that makes it difficult to heal from wounds or burns.
If you are pregnant, on medication to treat acne, have genital herpes, or are prone to cold sores, this treatment is not recommended. Patients who have or have had skin cancer may also experience complications from laser hair removal. Speak to your Medical Provider and get clearance prior to laser hair removal.
What is the Recovery from Laser Hair Removal?
There is no downtime associated with laser hair removal, as there might be with other laser treatments. After your appointment, the goal is to maintain comfort and avoid exaggerated inflammation in the skin. You can expect some itchiness and redness in the treatment area. You may feel slightly sunburned. If the heat within your skin becomes uncomfortable, you can apply cool compresses to the area for a few minutes, several times a day. If you have any questions, please contact us. After the first 24 hours, you should notice a significant improvement in comfort. After your very first treatment, you may notice some shedding. The strands of hair that were in the follicles at the time of treatment will slough over a few days, revealing smoother skin right away. Sometimes, small particles of hair may look like blackheads. Just continue to shower and gently dry your skin as usual, the sloughing process will eventually eliminate tiny spots.
What Must I do After Getting Laser Hair Removal?
Recovery and aftercare tips for laser hair removal include:
- Exfoliate the skin in the treatment area after a week to ten days, but do so gently. You don’t want to exacerbate the natural inflammation that occurs after laser treatment. Again, contact us with questions.
- Shave as needed. Do not pluck or wax. Also, remember to shave the night before subsequent laser hair removal treatments.
- Apply sunscreen diligently. It is important to continually protect your skin from sun damage until you have completed your course of treatment.
- Only use the gentlest skincare products after laser hair removal. Avoid acidic ingredients like salicylic acid, as well as vitamin C, retinol products, and anything that can create photosensitivity.
Why Does Laser Hair Removal Sometimes Take Multiple Sessions?
It is necessary to complete your recommended number of laser treatments to achieve your desired outcome. Laser hair removal works only on the “growing” hairs at the time of treatment. These are hairs that are in the anagen phase of the growth cycle. Hairs that are in the other phases, catagen, telogen, and exogen, will not be affected by laser energy. At any given time, you have multiple hairs in multiple different stages of the growth cycle. This makes it impossible to target all hair in the target area in a single treatment. Your laser hair removal treatments are scheduled at intervals that enable us to affect hair follicles as they are in the anagen stage of the cycle. Undergoing just one or two sessions would have very little long-term effect, if any.
How many laser hair removal treatments will I need? How Far Apart Are Sessions?
Usually 6-8 sessions are recommended spaced 6-8 weeks apart.
Are There Any Risks with Laser Hair Removal?
While laser hair removal is a safe procedure, and there have been no long-term effects linked to it, patients may experience a few temporary side effects during and after their treatment. These can include:
If done improperly, laser hair removal can leave behind scars from burns. However, under the care of the team at Romeo & Juliet Laser Hair Removal, we provide high-quality laser hair removal services so that these complications can be easily managed and avoided.
What Are the Benefits of Laser Hair Removal?
Many benefits come from investing in laser hair removal, but at the top of the list is the fact that leaving your hair maintenance to professionals can make your life easier. Not only will laser hair removal eliminate the need to shave every day, but you also will experience fewer of the complications that can come from shaving or waxing at home. Say goodbye to razor burn and ingrown hair. As laser hair removal targets hair follicles, patients can experience ease and more comfort while removing their hair.
Each treatment is precise and low maintenance. Overall, laser hair removal is a long-term solution for getting rid of hair. If you are someone who has thick, dark, coarse hair, this treatment can also help with improving the skin tone and pigmentation of your treated area.
Is Laser More Efficient/Safer Than IPL?
Laser hair removal and IPL are effective treatments for hair removal. However, everyone has their own personal preference, and some people may respond better to laser hair removal than IPL.
Laser hair removal is usually more effective at removing hair because it specifically targets the hair follicles. IPL treatments can not be applied on dark skin. Laser hair removal is a very safe procedure when performed by an experienced laser technician. During your initial consultation, the treatment areas and hair texture will be examined. Your esthetician will then decide how many treatment sessions you will need to reach your desired result.
Pros and Cons of Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal offers clients a variety of pros, which include:
- Precision targeting of hair follicles.
- Long-term permanent hair reduction.
- Safe treatment for various areas of the body.
- Safe for all skin types.
It is important to note that some people may feel that laser hair removal can be costly, it does require multiple treatment sessions before they see results, and it could cause skin sensitivity and redness. Some clients may also feel that laser hair removal is not as effective as they thought it would be. Clients with extremely thick or coarse hair may require more treatments than someone with fair skin and light hair. However, once permanence sets in, most of our clients are very happy with their results.
Do People Regret Laser Hair Removal?
No, most clients do not regret having laser hair removal done. Since having it done makes staying hair-free easier, most people are quite happy that they decided to do so. It is important to have realistic expectations of what laser hair removal can accomplish. It will take time to see the final results of laser hair removal, so you will need multiple sessions before your hair stops growing back.
Why Does My Hair Grow So Fast After Laser Removal?
After a laser hair removal treatment, it is normal for some of your hair to grow back relatively quickly. This usually happens in the shedding phase. However, with subsequent sessions, your hair will eventually stop growing back as the hair follicles become dormant.