At Romeo & Juliette Laser Hair Removal, we’re all about helping our clients ditch the razors, waxing strips, nasty creams, and tweezers. We have 12, count ‘em, 12, lasers for hair removal, meaning we have just the right laser to match your skin and hair color.
Since we’re into hair — more specifically how to get rid of it — it’s fun to share some statistics from time to time. We hope you’ll find these interesting.
- In case you missed last month’s blog about beard removal, a man will spend about 5 months of his life shaving. Whoa.
- A single hair has a lifespan of about 5 years.
- Hair is the fastest growing tissue in the human body. Hair on our heads grows between .3 and .5 mm per day. That equals half an inch per month, or 6 inches per year.
- Hair is basically dead. The only portion that is living is anchored in the bottom of the hair follicle.
- On average, humans shed between 50 and 150 individual hairs every day.
- Human hair grows faster in warm climates. This is because heat stimulates circulation, which helps hair grow. Tarzan explained.
- As you may have seen in a Tales from the Crypt episode, hair (along with fingernails) continues to grow after death.
- A woman will shave over 7,700 times in her lifetime, spending over $10,000 on shaving products. And that doesn’t count the value of your time!
- For you waxers out there, over your life you’ll spend $23,000 on waxing.
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons says there were 1.1 million laser hair removal procedures in 2017. That makes it the fourth most popular non-surgical cosmetic procedure.
- In 2016, 40 percent of people ages 35-50 had laser hair removal performed.
- Hair can grow pretty much everywhere on the human body with these exceptions: the eyelids, the lips, the mucous membranes, the palms of the hands, and the soles of the feet.
- The common human hair color is black; the most rare is red. Our lasers have no problem zapping either!
No matter your particular hair statistic, we have the laser to match it and remove it at Romeo & Juliette Laser Hair Removal. Isn’t it time you ditched the razors, wax, and all the rest and saved yourself the pain, dollars, and time wasted getting rid of unwanted hair?
Call us at Romeo & Juliette Laser Hair Removal, (212) 750-2000, and schedule your complimentary consultation.