People often wonder about the cost of having their unwanted hair permanently reduced with lasers. The FDA has approved lasers for the “permanent reduction” of hair, meaning that it’s pretty much impossible to get rid of every single hair (see this month’s previous blog), but that you can permanently get rid of 85-90 percent of it. They assume laser hair removal is more expensive than the Stone Age methods they are currently using, i.e. shaving, waxing, plucking, and applying toxic waste/depilatory creams to their skin.
Well, let’s try and find out.
Turns out there was a survey conducted using Zoomerang to ask 540 women just those very questions. Here are their answers.
- Over a lifetime, the average woman spends over 58.4 days removing unwanted hair from their bodies.
- Women on average spend 53.6 years of their lives dealing with and removing unwanted hair.
- The cost per month is about $15.87.
- The cost per lifetime is $10,207.
- Waxing is the most expensive of these non-laser options, costing about $23,000 over a lifetime.
- You Nair aficionados spend $10,555 over your lifetime napalming your legs one to two times every month.
- On average, women can save $7,000 by receiving laser hair removal on the areas of the body they typically shave.
- Compared to waxing, women can save $20,000 by receiving laser hair removal on the areas of the body they usually wax.
- Waste not, water not. Most women shave with the water running. With a shaving duration of 10.9 minutes and an average shaving of 12 times per month, and calculating the average shower using five gallons of water per minute, this means the average women will use 7,848 gallons of water each year or a total of 420,652 gallons in a shaving lifetime. Uh, that would fill an Olympic-sized swimming pool.
This survey did not even consider the value of those 58.4 days you’re spending getting rid of your unwanted hair. What would you do with all that time?
Isn’t it about time to get real with hair removal? Call the experts at Romeo & Juliette Laser Hair Removal, (212) 750-2000, and let’s get our 12 lasers started removing your unwanted hair for good!